Friday, February 6, 2009

Todays Unemployment Numbers. 1 in 8 unemployed.

It is rather depressing to read about the unemployment numbers that came out today. 7.6% Unemployed! Today's unemployment number say 1 in 13 people are out of work. The governments U-6 numbers puts true unemployment closer to 1 in 8 (13.9%). I hope the stimulus package helps push the economy back onto its feet.

When I was a child, Regan was in power and the nation was in a slump. The words recession and depression were thrown around. I asked my Dad what the difference was.... His response, 'A recession is when your neighbor is out of work... a depression is when you are out of work.' I know now he borrowed that line, but those words still rings true.

Raise your glass to all those who still have a job... your keeping the economy alive. Now lets raise a glass to all those out of work... may fortune shine on you and may locked doors swing wide open.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there....
Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate you taking the time to contribute.
--- Patrick H.